Sunday 30 August 2009

Here we go!

I had a fantastic birthday yesterday. My daughter took me out for lunch (her Dad came too) at a very nice Italian restaurant. I resisted the pizza (trying not to eat too much wheat these days) and chose a chicken dish, which was beautifully cooked and not too filling, leaving room for dessert. I hardly ever eat dessert but I decided I was going to celebrate and chose something I wouldn't normally have - a tart with figs and plums, which looked like the kind of thing which would send Greg into raptures on Masterchef (if you want to win, just cook Greg a dessert with figs in).

I had a glass of prosecco as I wanted my day to sparkle, and feeling very wicked, chose a liqueur coffee to finish - maybe I wouldn't have done if I'd known they were going to bring me a free Birthday Prosecco as well! It made for a very merry walk round the shops afterwards...

I had all kinds of cards and messages from people. Even though the weekend/Bank Holiday combo had done its worst and delayed a few cards, there are plenty on my mantelpiece, and some to look forward to. We arrived home to friends on the doorstep and yet more cards and flowers. It was a really lovely day!

Today I'm going into town to soak up a bit of Bank Holiday atmosphere before revving up for the return to work later this week. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment