Friday 28 August 2009

Countdown to Fifty!

This blog is my birthday present to myself. My 49th birthday is in two days' time, and I am really excited about starting my fiftieth year on the planet! So far, each year has been better than the last. I realise there may be a tipping-point sometime in the future, but - so far, so good.

Many people are so afraid of the ageing process; yet it's the one thing we can't prevent in life. I look 'young for my age' - even at 48 I only have a very few silver hairs... but in a decade I shall probably look much older than many of my peers as the plastic surgery culture eats into our self-respect and feeds our adulation of youth.

I wanted to make my voice heard in favour of embracing the ageing process. Just to be clear, I don't consider 50 old at all . I'm the youngest of four, all of whom are outrageously young for their age as well, and the oldest woman I ever knew was 107, which puts it all into perspective, don't you think?

I'm reading a lot about the Law of Attraction at the moment. It's a theme I shall return to, but for now I shall content myself with shouting out to cyberspace, "THIS IS GOING TO BE A WONDERFUL YEAR!!!!!!"

Hope yours is too, do follow me through the next twelve months and see how it goes! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment